About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Chocolate Chia Pudding

Chia has quickly become the newest superfood on the market and with all the nutritional benefits, it's no wonder!  Any way you can eat chia is great!  This recipe was born out of my experience with buying a chia pod.  First off, a 6oz pod cost me $3.50!  That's a whole lot of expensive!  The flavor was good but I didn't like the slimy texture.  I went about experimenting in my kitchen.  Lucky for me Iiked the first attempt!  Cheers!  Angie


1 cup of nut milk
1 tablespoon of ground cacao
1 tablespoon of maca powder
1 tablespoon of lucuma powder
2 tablespoons of mesquite powder
6 tablespoons of chia seeds

Mix everything except the chia seeds in a blender on low just long enough to incorporate all the powders.

Pour into a glass jar.  (A pint canning jar is  perfect!)

Stir in the chia seeds, cap, refrigerate until set.  I usually let it sit over night.



I usually make my own nut milk but I do have a go-to store bought that Iove!



No comments:

Post a Comment