About Me

I started this blog to keep track of my kitchen creations. I love cooking and eating. In 2008 I was diagnosed with RA. Food started becoming a huge problem. I needed to find a better way to eat the flavors I love. All the recipes I create are driven by my desire to eat good food that won't create extra pain and inflammation in my internal ecosystem. While the recipes are wholesome, the language is not. I swear. I use the word 'fuck'. A lot! I make no apologies for that. It's just a fair warning. I'm raw and real. Happy cooking! Even happier eating! Cheers! Angie

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Spicy Chocolate Pudding

I love using avocados for a pudding base.  They carry flavors well, especially chocolate.  While I'm sharing the amounts I added, the flavors in this recipe can be tweaked to your liking.  

2 Haas avocados
1 banana
1/4 cup of whole chia seeds
1/3 cup of raw honey
1/8  cup of cacao powder
2 tablespoons of cinnamon 
Ground chipotle powder to taste

Cream avocados,banana, and honey in a food processor.  While the processor is on, add spices and cacao.  Mix for about 3 minutes or until creamy.  Taste pudding and adjust flavoring as desired.  You can add more honey if needed.  Once flavor is to your liking, put pudding in a bowl and stir in the chia seeds.  Store in the fridge in a non-reactive bowl.




No comments:

Post a Comment